Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Friday, October 29, 2010

10/28/10 Doctor Appointment

How do I begin this post?  I am trying to keep an open mind, understanding that mistakes can be made.  But, I am so tired of waiting for a definate diagnosis.

With no farm equipment on the country roads, we arrived early at the hospital.   I spent the next three hours drinking a Berry Smoothie contrast drink and waiting for my time in the CT scan.  When called to have the test administered, I had forgotten that there would be an IV with a chemical that temporarily makes your body feel flushed (warm).  This IV makes you feel as if you have wet your pants!  Don't panic, it just feels that way. 

After finishing the scan, I passed by the wonderful smells of the cafe and coffee kiosk wishing I could take the time to stop.  Arrived at the doctor office, waiting for my son to arrive as well as the doctor to become available, the nurse came out to talk to me.  I was advised that the third opinion report from John Hopkins Cancer Center(for the biopsy on 09/30) had not arrived!  My appointment was rescheduled for next week when the report and scan reports should be in.  My mind went numb, and while I normally would question this, get upset over the additional delay and/or verbal, I didn't.  I just accepted the new appointment and left the office.  Honestly, I don't know what happened to me.  My thought process just shut down!

I called my son who just arrived in the parking lot, told him he may as well turn around and go home to sleep.  He works grave shift right now.  I looked at my sister and asked her if my family would find out a definate diagnosis during my autopsy.  All of this time "waiting" for a diagnosis delays treatment!  Anyway, my sister took over and left a message for my son and was able to get my daughter (in California) on the phone.  Long distance, she made a phone call to my oncologist office and was able to find out more information. 

Long story short, unknown why... the request for third opinion on my 09/30 biopsy had just been received by John Hopkins Cancer Center on Friday, 10/22.  My oncologist office is checking into this, and requested the report be back by this coming Tuesday.  I have another appointment Wednesday, 11/03.

In the meantime, I have been having the strangest sensation in my abdomen.  The stent is still in my ureter passage, anchoring on each side (bladder and kidney).  My bladder feels like it is trying to expel something, a shivering of the bladder every so often.  Not painful, just weird!  Thursday, 11/04, this stent will be removed. 

After all of this, Gloria and I found a place to enjoy lunch.  Of course when you are hungry, eating too fast and too much is not good.  The drive back to Royal City seemed longer than the normal one and one/half hours.  By the time we started driving home on a full stomach, the contrast drink started messing with my digestion.  Also, I cannot take my diabetic medicine for 48 hours after the CT scan as it doesn't interact well with Metformin.  So, my blood sugar was reaching higher levels.  Between all of that, the rain, lack of information, my mind was in a fog. 

I had a talk with myself this morning, and decided that nothing works perfectly. So, I need to get over this set back and remember that today was given to me for a reason.  Use the day wisely!
--------------------
I am going to explain what a CT (Computed tomography) scan is because there have been several inquiries about this.  Alternative name for this test is CAT (Computed axial tomography) scan.

 Excerpt from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medicineplus/ency/article/003330.htm

In this procedure,a thin X-ray beam is rotated around the area of the body to be visualized.

"A computed tomography (CT) scan is an imaging method that uses x-rays to create cross-sectional pictures of the body... Certain exams require a special dye, called contrast, to be delivered into the body before the test starts... Contrast can highlight specific areas inside the body, which creates a clearer image...
Contrast can be given several ways, and depends on the type of CT being performed...it may be delivered through a vein (IV) in your hand or forearm.

It may be given through the rectum using an enema.
You might drink the contrast before your scan. When you actually drink the contrast depends on the type of exam being done. The contrast liquid may taste chalky, although some are flavored to make it taste a little better. The contrast eventually passes out of your body through your stools.  If contrast is used, you may also be asked not to eat or drink anything for 4-6 hours before the test.
 
Contrast given through an IV may cause a slight burning sensation, a metallic taste in the mouth, and a warm flushing of the body. These sensations are normal and usually go away within a few seconds.

The most common type of contrast given into a vein contains iodine. If a person with an iodine allergy is given this type of contrast, sneezing, vomiting, itching, or hives may occur.
 
The kidneys help filter the iodine out of the body. Therefore, those with kidney disease or diabetes should receive plenty of fluids after the test, and be closely monitored for kidney problems.
--------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment