Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Friday, October 22, 2010

Finally... some news

We (James, Gloria and myself) met with the oncologist today.  The doctor read the radiologist report from the hospital where I had the biopsy on the mass surrounding the renal artery.  While waiting for the third opinion from John Hopkins Hospital, he made an educated guess.  During this meeting, he emphasized that we may have to trash all of this discussion if the third opinion comes back differently than his interpretation.

After a phone call, we found that the John Hopkins report should (hopefully) be in on Wednesday.  I have an appointment for Thursday.  Plus, the doctor wants a new CT scan of my abdoman and chest. 

This doctor is one of the two recruited oncologists to the local hospital's new oncology unit.  He has worked with cancer for a while, and seems to know what he is talking about.

The doctor's educated guess:
1.  B-cell cancer.
2.  Follicular low grade (slow growing) lymphoma.
3.  Not curable.
4.  Not to be operated on.
5.  Can be treated with radiation to shrink mass (if the mass is interfering with body function).  As in my case, the mass outside the kidney surrounds the renal artery. 
6.  Most times chemo is not used, as it is not effective on slow growing cancer.  For chemo to be really effective, the cancer cells needs to be active cell proliferation (grow or multiply rapidly).
7.  Consider this a chronic disease that I will have to wait and watch on a regular basis.  Shrink when necessary, and may be able to use a light form of chemo in some situations.

Okay, my head is still spinning.  I am not going to know anything "for sure" until next Thursday.  But... if the above guess is accurate, the cancer will just become a part of me like my high blood pressure and diabetes.  I will deal with it on a daily basis, forever...

The vibration from the trip rattled the stent up through my bladder,ureter and kidney.  It is really sore tonight, so again I am going to miss seeing my grandson's football game (tomorrow) in person.  I did see him this week, hug him and tell him I have been hearing good things about him and his games.   His team was wearing pink socks, supporting breast cancer awareness.  Yes!  Thank goodness for his mom and dad recording the games. 

My grandaughter made a score in her soccer game on Sunday, which enabled them to win the game!  She is in California, too far for me to see the game. 

Enough for tonight, after the trip home I am sore, tired and just want to sleep away some hours to clear my head.   

1 comment:

  1. I finally got though to your blog. Know that I am thinking of you at this tough time in your life and pray for the best of news next week. Love, Billie

    ReplyDelete