Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Monday, October 4, 2010

Biopsy over... now waiting for results

Picture courtesy of Jr.  As Tina said... he is so not going to be allowed in next time with a camera... ha ha.  Like the socks, a gift from Victoria.

Thursday, 09/30 there was a wait even in the hospital. The doctor was running late due to the procedure that was completed prior to mine. Actually I didn’t mind the wait, as I knew if the doctor was willing to take extra care and time with that person, he would with me too.

I want to thank everyone who came to the hospital with me. It was so nice to have family and friends there. Allen felt it strange to be a visitor in the waiting room this time, instead of his usual patient status. Also, I want to thank all of those, near and far, who prayed for this biopsy to come to a positive conclusion. It did, and I know it was because of all of the prayers covering the procedure, the doctor and myself. While waiting for the doctor to come, I spent the time praying and asking for the Lord to be in the room with the doctor and myself during this procedure.

Finally, the doctor came into the room as asked if I was ready for this biopsy to begin... did I have a choice?  I told him "yes" and was glad to begin. Was I afraid? No, I was at peace with everything and that was nice! During the procedure I was told to breathe deep, hold, exhale deep, hold, several times. Instead of being concerned with what was going on, and the possibilities of what could happen, my mind worried over whether or not I was breathing correctly! I asked myself if I was supposed to be taking those breaths in through my nose or mouth. Oh my... what if I am doing it wrong, should I ask for clarification, should I alternate nose and mouth responses? I still can’t believe that I spent my time worrying over that!

Everything went smooth. I wasn’t uncomfortable during the biopsy, and left the hospital within a short while.  The doctor spoke briefly to me afterwards, and he had a lilt to his voice he did not have before. 

I took advantage of the rest of the weekend with my family. We all went to my grandson’s football game (Colt’s won), a high school game where Brandon’s cousin played (they won). It was nice to eat out with both of my children at the same time, lots of visiting with family, a movie and pedicure with Tina. All of this splurging was time being taken advantage of, as next time the visiting will be with my being confined to bed. Also, similar to an old story... it was funded by James and BeeAnna buying a meal out, and Tina using the birthday money I gave her to buy my movie, pedicure, etc. I want to thank my friend and ex-husband, Jr., for bringing Tina home for this time.

Now, I am back in Royal City and extremely tired. The exhaustion is not only from anticipation, but the procedure itself. Then, all of the running around trying to live each day to its fullest while my blood sugar was "high." After the biopsy I was told not to take my diabetic medication, Metformin, until after 3:45 p.m. Saturday. Going from Thursday until Saturday night was a long time.

Monday 10/4
I called the doctor’s office today, no results yet. I will probably have to wait until my appointment with Dr. Chavla on the 11th.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Marie,
    Thank you so much for updating me via my blog!
    I'm encouraged by your note and I will continue to pray that we hear some very good news soon!
    I admire your strength and courage! Your blog is also quite helpful. I like the research you've done and the health tips! Diet is important and so is sleep, as you mentioned. I know others will benefit from the great information you are sharing here. I'll look forward to hearing more and I will continue to lift you up to the Lord in prayer! Love in Christ, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete