Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Making a list, checking it twice...

Finding something to keep my mind occupied when not feeling well (or supposed to be resting) is my next goal (task).  Focus on a goal has been one of the things that keeps me going during hard times.  I have plenty of physically active projects, now I am making a list of inactive things to accomplish. 

I am just beginning this journey with cancer, then add in my high blood pressure, SVT, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc.  What do you have now, but a recipe for times I will have to take a break from physically challenging tasks.  I don't like to be told to stay down, so I fight it.  In the end, pushing myself has begun to hurt and prove my loved one's right and me wrong.  Oh gosh... another time I am admitting being wrong!  It is not my intention to make fun of myself... just have to laugh at this discovery of mine or I will cry.  I am afraid that this newly discovered truth about myself  is about to become a habit. 

During this past week or so, I have had more down time.  While "resting" my mind goes like a movie projector (dates me doesn't it... young people probably don't know what a projector is) and doesn't want to stop.  I review what I should be doing; projects not completed; health issues that need addressed; whine to myself about why I can't get up on the storeage shed roof and pound nails into the roofing that is flying away, harvest apples from the tree, pull weeds, set up my sewing area, etc.

Monday I received a call from the oncologist's office, comfirming the time, date, location and instructions for the PET/CT scan.  Thursday,before my oncologist appointment, will begin early.  I'll have to leave Royal City by 5:30 a.m. and arrive early at the hospital to obtain my contrast drink.  The next two hours will begin my yummy drink schedule.  My goal is to shut my eyes and imagine myself drinking a nice, hot coffee that is laced with cream, caramel flavoring... mmmmm.  After this, I will take a half hour (or  more) rest in the donut hole (CT machine).  What an imagination... I am visualizing coffee and donuts to keep me going until I can eat.  Stop... that is not going to happen soon, as I have another appointment to keep as soon as I finish the CT.  The worst part is that I have to pass the hospital cafe and coffee kiosk on the way to my oncologist office.

Prayers for this appointment, as I am hoping to receive definate answers to my questions.  The doctor's educated guess was good to receive, but I really want to know what "is" going on with me.

http://www.allaboutprayer.org/
The power of prayer is not the result of the person praying. Rather, the power resides in the God who is being prayed to. 1 John 5:14-15 tells us, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him." No matter the person praying, the passion behind the prayer, or the purpose of the prayer - God answers prayers that are in agreement with His will. His answers are not always yes, but are always in our best interest. When our desires line up with His will, we will come to understand that in time. When we pray passionately and purposefully, according to God's will, God responds powerfully!

1 comment:

  1. Good to know what is going on with you. I will check this blogspot out regularly now that I know where it is.

    It was good to see you. I've missed you a lot. If you are going to WLCC on Thursday nights, let me know and I will go too. One way to get to see you.

    We are going regularly to The Living Room CC now. Since my son's ex-girlfriend, Angie, has become and Christian, I want to stick close to her. Also Larry (of Mary and Larry) has also become a Christian recently. Angie & Larry were baptized in the river in September. Brrrr. So we all go the The Living Room and enjoy it very much.

    Just got home from The Dalles, OR where I spent time with Dena. We made a lot of Christmas cards and really enjoyed our visit. When not stamping, we watched the boob tube, ate, and slept. Aren't we just the busy bees?!!

    Love you, my friend!

    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete