Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Monday, November 1, 2010

Too much time on your hands... plan ahead for it...


Managing my time...
 I have found that empty time while waiting for doctor appointments can be stressful.

Rather than sit around and count the hours until my next appointment, I am always looking for projects to occupy my mind and time. Keep a list of what I call "brain flashes" so that they can be used when having a difficult time thinking of something to do. In a rural community, there is only so much activity a person can do.

For myself, it is important to keep my mind occupied with reading, projects, research, etc.  If I did not have my "brain flash" list of to do's, anxiety could take over.  I am fighting that with prayer and keeping busy. 

 As much as I am on the road to the Tri Cities with doctoring, I have grown to dislike driving back and forth as well as the gas expense . . . but, decided that I would go this weekend anyway.

First stop... was cold, drizzle fell, but the football game went on. I really have to get out winter clothing. I went in flip flop sandals, capri short pants... but, I did take a blanket and coat. This was the play-off game. Good game on the teams part, as well as my grandson making interceptions, yards, two touchdowns. Yet, in the end the team lost. As a result, they are not going to super bowl; that saddens me since it is the last year my grandson can play on this team due to age/size. It has been a few years of good football, now it is time for freshman football. As a grandmother, I have been happy to watch him play, and proud of his growing abilities. Okay, I am a bit prejudiced...


Again I hear that my granddaughter, in California, made another soccer goal! Haven't received the details yet.  Congratulations !


Second stop... I found that there was a church event on Saturday evening. Arrangements were made to spend the night with a friend so that I could go Saturday evening, as well as Sunday morning. It was so nice to see people that haven’t been seen for a while, as well as music and the message.

Sunday morning passed too quickly. I missed the "trunk or treat" get together later in the afternoon at church. People gathered, decorated their vehicle trunks and children went from trunk to trunk to collect candy. Not wanting to drive home on the country roads after dark, my trip back had to begin before the fun began. The pictures were great on facebook.

Again, the car trip triggered my bladder walls to vibrate. It is not painful, but it is distracting and leaves me feeling as if I have to find a bathroom every few minutes. The question becomes, do I ignore this feeling? Or, do I live to regret driving past a rest area. I hope this will stop when the stent is removed from my bladder/ureter/kidney.

Two days until I head back to Tri Cities for my oncologist appointment on Wednesday. I am praying for news from John Hopkins Cancer Center. Thursday I make the three hour round trip again for the stent removal.


Tomorrow is Tuesday... please don’t forget to vote! I am not promoting how you vote, just that you do vote. Don’t take voting for granted. One never knows (for whatever reason) when it may be their last opportunity to exercise that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment