Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Not hearing what we want to hear?

 Feeling Blue Recently I have encountered some of my acquaintances with stubborn attitudes.  No... really?   Yes, and with closed minds they are hurting themselves.  I had hoped that some of my research would help those individuals help themselves.

No, I don't expect anyone to take my word alone for what I have been researching.  I did hope that the information would trigger an interest into reading up on information that may help one's future health.  Let's take one example:  Question:  "Have you read on aspartame, and it's effects on a persons health?"  Answer:  "Oh, that is ridiculous...the FDA wouldn't permit it to be sold if it was not okay to consume!" What a common response... even one I had for a while.  Now, after reading what I have and having one of my doctor's point blank ask me if I have had a large consumption of artificial sweeteners over the past ten years... that, among other information, woke me up! 

Sometimes I think (from my own experience) that people know what you are saying has some truth to it, but that doesn't mean they want to hear it.  Rambling along in one's comfortable daily life is what all of us would prefer to do.  Unfortunately, we cannot!  I can wish with all of my might that I had listened years ago, but I didn't.  Again, it hasn't been one thing that has led me to this path in my life, rather a combination of numerous things that I ignored as an overreaction to the "bearer of  bad news." 

We all have freedom of choice in what we consume, expose ourselves to, etc.  I just pray that you don't have to look back and wish like I do, why didn't I listen?


A little humor, thought of my son... Washington State Patrol Trooper, when I saw this. 

1 comment:

  1. aspartame is a killer! There is a whole lot of harmful things out there that is allowed probably because once we get sick we have to buy their medicine, that's why alot of these food companies are owned by pharmaceutical companies - I have believed that for quite some time - oh Marie you are in my thoughts and prayers so often, I am waiting to hear more news on the results so I can report back to both prayer chains - much love to you today sweet bella, love jaime

    ReplyDelete