Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thursday, 11/18/10

Thursday, November 18, 4:00 a.m.,  I am up getting ready to leave for Tri Cities for installation of my implantable port.  Since the clocks have been changed, it was very dark on the country roads.  I notice that more when I am alone on the trip.  (My sister has to take her husband in the opposite direction for an all day chemo treatment)  While driving along I really took notice of the small city lights making the communities look larger; the train moving along side the highway making its clanging and tooting sounds; large trucks filling up the early morning roads, animal eyes (deer, cows, cats, etc.) reflecting in the headlights... then, the sunrise as I was entering Kennewick.  At this time in my life sights, sounds, experiences... nothing is taken for granted.  I have been given the gift of more time on this earth and I am going to use it wisely!

A friend from Kennewick went with me to the hospital.  The staff at the hospital were in great spirits, and did a good job of bantering with me to keep my spirits lifted.  The procedure took little time, and by noon was out of the hospital on the way to my son's home to rest.  There I slept the rest of the day, visited a little in the evening, and slept that night.  Awake bright and early the next morning, I dressed and left to run errands and head back to Royal City. 

Since the pharmacy did not open until 9:00 a.m., and my car windows were really dirty from the country roads, went to the car wash.  As I was scrubbing the car with the brush, the "port" area was hurting.  Duh...  I kept thinking as the scrubbing continued, "Hmmm, wonder why it is hurting so much this morning?"  Where were my brains!?!?  I went back to the pharmacy and picked up Tylenol rapid release, a jar of juice and drank down two pills.  That's like my going out and weed eating the lawn edges the afternoon I came home from having my bladder removed.  It is not like I am trying to be stupid, it's just that I have been alone so long and when something needs done... well, to procrastinate does no good when I know that I am it!  Okay, I don't think.. just do.  My daughter cringes, and says I am in denial.  Her theory is that whenever I am told "no" that "I do" to prove I am not a ninny, a whiner or have a pity party to gain attention.  Maybe so, I am not aware of it though.  Oh no, after I read that and thought of the defination of denial...hmmm.  I just hate it when my children are right! 

My blood pressure was quite high this morning, and now with my body being upset with the morning exercise, I felt like resting.  But... my friend told me that a new sewing and craft store opened in town.  I just couldn't bring myself to leave Tri Cities until I checked this place out!  By the time I finished that, I was hungry and needed to let another couple of Tylenol begin working.  So, called another friend and had lunch with her before heading out. 

By late afternoon I was back in Royal City, and the port area was burning like fire.  The bandages were due to come off within a day anyway, so took them off.  Red, rash, blisters... who knew I reacted like that to tape.  It is not like I can scratch the area, the incisions are still too fresh.  The blisters are surrounding and between the two incisions.  What to do with my hands to keep them from automatically reaching up to scratch!?!?

Yeah... I got through all of this and still no snow.  It was reported that snow would hit before now, but by tonight and the next few days chances of sporatic snow is in sight.  I am ready... my new snow tires are on and my new battery will ensure quick starts.  I still take my "box" of stuff, blanket, water, munchie, etc.  One never knows when they will be stranded. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie! Despite all you are going through, you are able to keep your sense of humor and it is evident in your writing! You are so open and honest also! Thanks for keeping us updated as it helps to know what we need to be specifically praying for. You are a wonderful, precious soul
    and I am honored to pray for you! I will continue! Love to you and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Lorraine xo

    ReplyDelete