Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Friday, November 12, 2010

Insurance.... ugh!

Insurance gets to be overwhelming and confusing.  I have been under a Medicare Advantage plan.  As I said in a previous post, understanding the difference between Advantage, Supplemental, Medigap, Individual, Medicare as itself, and others is difficult.  I did not understand or choose wisely to begin with, as a result I was ready to go with a change to a Supplemental plan during my window of opportunity this year.  Wrong! 

My Advantage plan had to stop selling in Eastern Washington beginning 2011.  So, the decision to leave that plan December 31, 2010 was a good one, except...  From what my insurance agent told me closure of the Advantage plan that I was on is leaving 12,000 or more senior citizens in my area without their current coverage.  This plan was affordable, it was of financial help to people in my financial standing, and position in life.  Now, so many people are scrambling to find insurance protection before the window closes.  What happens to the person who is not able to research, drive to insurance agent appointments, understand what is going on?  I am not sure I actually understand what is happening.

Unique is what my situation is.  I am on Social Security Disability, age 61, qualifying after two years on disability for Medicare and a member of AARP; this still does not qualify me for Supplemental insurance.  In Washington there is legal talk for why I do not qualify.  I am not sure of it all, and am researching more.  The state I live in does not require insurance companies to sell Supplemental to those under 65 years of age, even if they qualify with all of the other requirements.  Yes, I am confused!  My window was rapidly closing, so a decision had to be made or I would be without coverage.  Also, no luck for an individual policy as I have pre-existing conditions. 

My insurance agent found an Advantage plan that would take me.  No, it isn't a great plan, but better than nothing!  I count my blessings that I am able to make the calls, drive to the insurance appointments, and research on the computer.  What about those who cannot, and have nobody to help them?

No comments:

Post a Comment