Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pizza and pop...

This is Thursday, yet all day I seem to think it is Tuesday.  I don’t want to begin this week again… 
Since the day is over, I (we) can laugh at it.  This week I have been anxious, thinking it was just part of the after chemo effects, I was just waiting it out.  Well, I really think that was part of it, but some of it was that I was without diet cola (my vice) for days as well as my sore tongue (thrush from chemo) stopping me from enjoying anything with flavor/taste.  Sounds nuts huh? 
Well, I mentioned to my sister that I wanted to get out of the house and go to Walmart.  In the back of my mind I was thinking while out, we can stop by the pizza parlor and get pizza and pop.  I didn’t mention this little bit of news to her though.  She seemed reluctant to me, and I think I became a bit anxious… nice for saying “if you don’t take me, I will drive myself even if my vision is blurry.”    While she dragged her heels this morning, dared to consider a nap about noon, oh boy… my nose flared.  A family trait when upset, it isn’t pretty.  She finally said, “you about ready to go?”  I didn’t even take the time to curl my hair, threw on clothes for the trip and was out the door and in the car before she got outside.  It’s a wonder I didn’t slip on the ice covering everything.
Did my shopping and went through the checkout before my normal time limit, as I noticed Gloria trying to call me to find out where I was at.  She and Allen came walking out the doors to find me sitting waiting for them.  Allen looked at me asking if I was sure I wanted to go out for pizza.  Guess I did look pretty droopy.  My answer was a resounding “yes I want pizza and pop!”  I have been watching my food intake so closely due to high glucose numbers.
We were waiting for the pizza to be prepared when I started in discussing how much time it was taking.  I am so glad that I only discussed this with my family.  It actually didn’t take that much time, but I was hungry.  No, I wanted to “taste” something.  I didn’t know that I was doing all of this, but after my first piece of pizza and glass of pop Gloria and Allen started laughing at me.  They said that my whole demeanor changed, it was like I had taken Prozac.  So, Gloria has decided to hide a six pack of diet cola and a pizza in the freezer for the next time I have withdrawals from pop and tasty food.  I should be embarrassed, but instead we are all laughing.  And to think, I was going to slap my sister for backing out of our little trip today.  Talk about a junkie! 

On a more serious note, a friend called me with a scripture read at church Sunday, Ezekiel 30: 20-22  It is something to ponder.

3 comments:

  1. Marie, you are so cute! I can just picture you with that pizza and pop! You never cease to amaze me in the way you keep sharing your adorable sense of humor. I know God is smiling when you not only see the humorous side of life, but also when you please Him with your faith and strive to share it with others!

    I HAVE A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR YOU TO PICK UP at my blog...just a little recognition that you so rightly deserve! Please do humor me and stop by to pick it up. Blessings, smiles, hugs, love and prayers continue!!!
    Lorraine xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I couldn't help but smile reading this post today, you light up the world Marie, and continue to inspire me - I also loved that cute sign from the previous post about our words and possibly having to eat them - LOL SO TRUE!!!! and such a light hearted reminder!!!! my prayers continue for you bella xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S..Marie, you'll have to scroll down to find your name when you stop by. Keep shining!

    ReplyDelete