Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Monday, January 10, 2011

What a week... beginning January 3rd

Spent this past week in Kennewick for chemo.  Seeing both my son and daughter during this time was an added bonus, and the beginning of a happy new year.  It isn't often that schedules and finances (due to my friend/ex) allow all of us to be together, at the same time.  So... this was nice!  Thank you Jr.

If the beginning of the week is any indication to how 2011 is going to be... can we have a "do over" for this year?  It was cold Monday morning driving over to Kennewick, maybe one degree, probably not.  Figuring I would get gas in Othello, a small town along the way, it wasn't too much of a worry for my gas tank to be low.  Well, as I approached what I thought should have been the little town... it was very dark and I almost missed the turn.  There was a power outage, and I guess you know what that does to gas stations/pumps.  It was erie driving by myself through the town in total dark.  I was getting nervous, as I did not have enough gas to continue on.  When I crested the main street, I could see lights in the distance.  Yes!  Well, the power must have been low as it took me a long time to pump $25.00 in gas.

My intention was to go in early as the first of the month, year, new registration and paperwork... I wanted to be in front of the line.  I arrived, with a lot of other people, and only one clerk to register!  Much later, late for my blood draw I rushed to the lab.  As it was late, and there was also a line at the lab, the nurse was rushing.  Yes... you guessed it, she called me back as I jumped out of the chair and began to rush upstairs to the oncologist office.  She put my blood in the wrong vials and had to do it again.  I got up to the oncologist office hoping that my appointment had not been given away and ran into another "catch up" line due to the back up in registration.  Finally, finished with the oncologist visit, I made it to sign in for chemo.  After arriving started hearing the beeps, rushing footsteps, etc.  Uh huh, there were staff off due to the new years holiday and chemo was short staffed too.  The nurse I had was very nice, more than willing, but she was just learning the chemo routine.  I arrived at the hospital before 8:00 a.m. and left about 7:00 p.m.  What a day!  Again, I have to say that because of how wonderful everyone was, it was tolerable. 

Now, the week is over and my second chemo session is over.  Five days with chemo, and the sixth day having the Neulasta shot.  Again, there were changes to my medication.  My primary care doctor has decided that during this six months of chemo I will need to change to insulin.  The Metformin is too hard on my kidney, resulting in mild kidney failure.  The Glipizide isn't controlling the glucose close enough, I have been in the 400's!  Needless to say with that, it also causes issues with my blood pressure as well as everything else.  Most of all, my vision is blurry all of the time.  Trying to see to read, do computer work, or anything that requires visual is difficult.  The oncologist took my Thursday Rituxin away.  Evidentally is is hard on the kidney too, but found that having it on Monday will last throughout the week and really doesn't do me any better a second time during the week.   I am still stuck with the rest of the chemicals. 

It hasn't been too bad, I always think of what this time could be like and feel blessed that it is not.  During this week the steroids bothered me more than usual, I am really lethargic this go around yet sleep was and still is an effort.  I am easily overwhelmed and cloudy in thought, but the good news is that I don't have hives!  That is exciting. 

Now, I have another prayer request.  My grandaughter has a friend, (I will call her "A") about 16 yrs old, who just discovered she has cancer.  The cancer is in her neck, it is a lymphoma too.  She has a mass around a vital blood flow, so no surgery.  School will have to be from home, her last cheerleading routine was the other night, chemo is to begin, and another life is turned upside down.  Thank you for prayers in her direction too.

No comments:

Post a Comment