Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year's...

We did it!  Left 2010 behind, and I am praying for a better year in 2011. 

Gloria, Allen and I spent the past few days in Battle Ground with my neice and her family.  It was a nice visit, and an added bonus for the travel there and back... no snow!  Although sometime ask Allen and I about Gloria's abrupt stops along the road, and I mean abrupt.  We were laughing so hard, and no rest stop facilities... uh oh. 

My blood pressure and diabetic medication had been adjusted prior to our trip, a phone call to the doctor to tell him "it wasn't working" and another adjustment.  Well, I called again to let him know my numbers were still high and got a ho-hum response.  So, I guess I am not supposed to worry about 300 give or take blood glucose and blood pressure averaging 160/98... again sometimes more, seldom less.  It is a good thing we were in Battle Ground and I was not able to schedule a quick appointment with my primary doctor.  Since that last phone call, I have continued to work on my "patience" and am better to meet with him on my Tuesday afternoon appointment.  Maybe I am wrong... maybe I am nuerotic?  I may have been a "little" terse on the phone, as I did tell the nurse that I hoped I would receive an apology when the doctor found that I was not lying about my numbers (as that is the feeling I got).  So, with that outburst in mind,  I continue to work on my 2010 work in progress, patience for myself, and apologies for those who have had the misfortune of talking with me during one of those moments.

The doctor taking me off of Allpurinol as part of my chemo is great!  Since I have not had hives since stopping, I have to think that medication was the reason.  Part of the adverse speech the pharmacist gives is that hives can be a reaction.  I am hoping that it is not coincidence, and that they are going to come back.  Just try sleeping thru the night when you have hives, and have had to drink "a lot" of water during the day.  Ear plugs become a necessity in this house as the water flows through the pipes all night long!  Not to mention lack of sleep causes my attitude to have issues with the work in progress, patience.

I have a nice belated Christmas gift coming!  This chemo week, both of my children will be in the same town.  Tina is flying up on Thursday.  It is always so nice to see both of them at the same time.
Ah ha... I now can enjoy my "short" status... it's an excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment