Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Friday, September 17, 2010

Finally, a call.  On Monday (09/13) I received a call from the doctor's office ("another" doctor involved Dr. Kasthuri) that is going to do my biopsy (needle CT Scan guided).  Tuesday (09/21) at 10:45 a.m. I go in for a consultation.  I guess that is when it will be confirmed how my biopsy will be done.  I thought... another week, ugh!  While waiting, I have been reading information on this procedure.  Some people like to remain ignorant to what is going on, I need to know.  I don't like what I hear/read, but at least I have some idea of what to expect.  I am praying for a minimum of difficulty in this test, and for good results.

On another topic... Lesson I learned...
While at the Wenatchee hospital this week, I had an interesting experience.  This happens all of the time, but until you are affected not much notice is taken.  While in the waiting area at the hospital (there for my brother-in-law's surgery) a lady sitting nearby spoke to me.  She seemed tired, frustrated, you know the routine after several days in a hospital waiting area.  Well, she needed to talk and that she did.  It was her time to vent these past months with her mother, the cancer, surgery, chemo, doctor visits, pain, burden on the family, etc.  I didn't want to be mean, but "whoa" I did not need to hear this right now.  I asked her nicely if we could change the subject, then immediately went into a gardening conversation.  I guess that she felt awkward after that, made a brief comment and excused herself to go back to her mother's room. 

I learned that unless I know the person I am talking to, take care with what you discuss.  Words can be uplifting, as well as bring sorrow and gloom .  This lady had no idea what my circumstances were,  she just needed to talk.  I, on the other hand, still hear her words telling me of the burden of time and effort, the expense she is experiencing, the drain on her family, etc. her mother's cancer has been.   I have a difficult time asking for help anyway, and this really affected me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment