Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Finally, an appointment with the radiologist...

My sister (Gloria) and I arrived early for my appointment (09/21) with Dr. Kasthuri, Radiologist, M.D.  If the appointment wasn't so frightening, it could be laughable in a hysterical/manic way.

Dr. Kasthuri explained, with visuals, the details of my problem.  In short, my right kidney is much larger than the left with a mass inside.  Also, there is a mass surrounding the lymph node and artery just outside the kidney.  This artery feeds the leg, heart and lungs.  The needle biopsy, due to the mass, artery and location is difficult and dangerous.  Okay, that notched up my adrenalin!  Going into the kidney, where the needle would need to go, is risky too.  It is a must to do this biopsy.  Doctors need to determine what the mass is, so that the appropriate treatment will be determined. 

Today I was told that I have a 50% chance of the biopsy turning out good.  But, during the procedure if the artery is nipped, the doctor will have to rush me into surgery.  A stint will have to be placed into the artery to stop major blood flow.  Dr. Kasthuri again warned me that there is a 50% chance of this outcome. 

Now, my adrenalin is notched up another level, and I have to wait nine days!  Ugh... that word "wait."  As I was leaving the doctor asked me if I wanted a sedative during this procedure... "oh yeah..."

So, with all of this, you are wondering what I considered laughable (hysteric/manic laugh).  Keep in mind that Gloria and I were pretty stressed when we started laughing.  From what I understand Dr. Chavla sent my case to Dr. Kasthuri to review and take on the biopsy.  He felt it was dangerious, and like a hot potato tossed it back to Dr. Chavla.  Again it was returned to Dr. Kasthuri, who in turn tried to interest other of his colleagues.  Everyone turned my case back to Dr. Kasthuri.  Evendentally, this is the man in this area to turn to with risky cases such as this. 

As I was being told about this, I felt like I was the hot potato in the children's game toss the potato.  When everyone had a turn at tossing, Dr. Kasthuri ended up with it again and note "tag you're it."

That is the rest of my story for 09/21, and why I have waited so long for a call back and appointment.  The biopsy is scheduled for Thursday, 09/30, 2:00 p.m. at Kadlec.

A sweet treat !
Please keep me in prayer.  I have not only been praying for healing (white ice cream), but for coping skills (strawberry ice cream , emotional stability(chocolate ice cream), a positive focus (chocolate syrup), and being a faithful witness during this season in my life (cherry on top!).

No comments:

Post a Comment