Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thyroid biopsy... was on Friday, 02/11

I spent the early morning hours receiving plasma.  The Oncologist was worried about the bleeding  I have been doing, so three bags of plasma infused before the biopsy.  I went  into have the biopsy without feeling any fear as there would be "twilight" or something like that right?  Wrong!  The doctor put lidocaine on the surface so that I wouldn't feel the poke.  But, when you include alcohol... the size 18 needle didn't feel great going in.  Then, no other pain reliever while the needle slides from left to right of the neck.  Oh, it wasn't quite a slide either... short continuous shoves until it reached the designated spot.  There were six entries, two for the local lab and four for the trial test.   I quickly caught on that I needed help, and prayed for "help" in the biopsy process.  The feeling of quick relief came upon me, and for that I was very happy.  During this process I did bleed more than they thought I would.  End result is that the assistant ended up being splattered and had to be taken to the emergency room.  He will be off work a few days and will be fine.   I didn't have anything that would harm him in my blood, but the treatment caused him issues.  What is the old saying..."the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry." 

Gargling is a good way to see if your throat leaks... thought of this after six probes into my throat. 

Also, things you don't want to hear during this process...
Everybody stand back, blood spurt!
Sterile, schmerle, the floor is clean right?
Don't worry, I think this is sharp enough.
Run, get the instructions for this test off my desk!
mzane butlerwebs.com

After all of this, I had to go back to finish my chemo for the week.  A full day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie! My sympathy is with you. I too have thyroid issues but I have low thyroid. I am following a strict diet and taking natural thyroid natural thyroid everyday.

    ReplyDelete