Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Monday 06/20/11... Great News!

Today was hot for a change, no wind, and tomorrow it is offiicially summer (06/21).

The sun / Son is smiling on a new day

It is also a time to remember mom, Josephine Alice (Hopper) Roach... June 21st was/is her birthday.  In memory of mom I will quote, "This is the day the Lord hath made, rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24.  Every, and I mean every morning she would loudly knock on the bedroom door that all of us kids shared and repeat this verse.  It was her way of waking us up.

Today I had an appointment with my Oncologist.  Good News!  The MRI scan results were reviewed by my doctor, and two in-house radiologists.  These three have reviewed and discussed my case from the beginning.  All seem to be in agreement the right kidney scan shows NO active cancer.  The scan does have scar tissue which appears in the picture.  This information, along with a prior MRI scan showing the right renal artery free of active cancer too, is wonderful news.  Both growths now inactive!  Whoo hoo.

No, I am not free, but there are no active growths that we know of.  The doctor wants to do a MRI scan every three months for a while.  He says it is possible that I may go a long time before chemo treatment is needed again.  At $37,000.00 each treatment, it is a good thing to be done.

It has been almost a month since my last chemo.  I am looking forward to my body healing, as well as my other health issues improving.  The biggest ongoing problem I have had is with my diabetes.  Without the regular infusion of chemo steroids, I invision my glucose numbers going down.  Yes!  I hope the amount of insulin needed will go down too.  Right now, even with the Chia seeds (which are continuing to work for me) it is, 50 units Humulin N in the morning and again at night.  It is better than that plus Humulin R, before each meal too.  Is is greedy for me to want better results, less insulin?  Maybe I could go back to the oral medication (Metformin) I took before all of this CLL/chemo.  One can hope.  Also, how long does it take to say goodbye to "chemo brain?" 

Tonight I have so much to be thankful for... and I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment