Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yesterday's oncology appointment 03/21...


Hi everyone! Hope your week is going well.
.
I apologize that this post is the same as the post on the CLL forum.  I just don't have the brain power today to do a second one, and wanted to get this information out to those I promised I would.
.
My week has mixed messages, but I am going to focus on the blessings, and not what if's.
.
I went to the doctor/oncologist yesterday. He went over the latest CT scan, MRI scan and blood test results. Good news first.  The mass around my renal artery is down (confirmed) to the point the scans are no longer distinguishing the difference between the lymph note and the mass. Before you could see the mass, attached to the node and surrounding the renal artery.  Now, the doctor cannot see this growth! And no, the bathroom scales are not showing a loss of weight due to the loss of mass.  You know, that is not fair!
.
The cancer within my kidney is difficult to judge. It is not a normal mass, but a mushy/cloudy substance filtering thru the entire kidney and its tissues. The oncologist discussed this at a conference with other doctors about treatments and radiation. Radiation was agreed on only for a later resort. Surgery is not being considered because the right kidney is still functioning and helping out my left healthy one. So, now comes the fight with the insurance company.
.
Again, I have an advantage plan contracted with Medicare. In this state (Washington) due to an attorney general ruling which I don't understand, I cannot buy supplemental insurance until I turn 62.  This decision covers me even though I am on disability social security/medicare. If I could afford it, nobody will sell me a policy with my pre-existing conditions. The insurance /medicare thought is if the F&R didn't help, why go to the expense of another treatment. Doctor is calling to explain that the F&R did help, just not much.  My kidney function is a tiny bit better, there have been no developing growth (from the cancer cells circulating in my blood reference the leukemia)since chemo began, and the renal artery issue is much better. With that he thinks he can convince the insurance/medicare to let me continue with Rituxin and include Treanda, along with the other meds given during chemo.  He could add the C to the F&R (FCR) treatment, but it is much more toxic than what he is recommending. The Treanda is more cost than what I was on... that is the problem. If the recommendation is declined, I have to wait for further treatment until I can change to supplemental insurance. My insurance window opens late October. So, further treatment would not take place until approximately November.
.
Pray for an approval from my insurance and medicare.

No comments:

Post a Comment