Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chemo was cancelled, more tests...

Attitude is everything.  You simply cannot be beaten if, at the end of the day,some tiny part of you can still whisper, "I will try again tomorrow." 
Author unknown

There have been so many tragedies in the world, the latest being the earthquake/tsunami in Japan.  My thoughts and prayers go out to them, as well as other parts of the world where there is suffering.  Not everything makes media headlines, but the suffering is just as real.

My daughter has recently passed her California Insurance Exam and is training with Aflac.  The reason I bring this up is the earthquake(s) in Japan.  From her training she has told me that this company has a huge presence in Japan.  I was worried about how the people would be able to prove injury, death, anything at this point.  Their homes are gone, along with personal records.  City Hall's are gone, people are missing... how will they prove a claim?  I was delighted to hear that Aflac is going to be extremely reasonable with those claims, the people have suffered enough.  I am not promoting Aflac, just praising a large company for being compassionate.


I have a sick tooth...  
Sunday, 03/13.
I have read that during chemo treatment you are not supposed to have any dental work.  Great... I have a tooth that is hurting.  This coming week I am going to ask if I can go to the dentist.  Since I am at the end of my chemo break (4 weeks) I have just begun to have reduced glucose readings.  They have been in the low 200's, even down to the high 100's.  With chemo comes the steroids, which means my glucose numbers are going to go up again.  Drats!  The side effects of CLL and its treatment involve more than the cancer itself.  I know that infection is of great concern, then throw in my bleeding problem... what to do?


Monday, 03/14.
This morning started off as any other chemo week.  Once I got to the doctor's office I was anxious to review my latest CT scan.  First off, the doctor told me that he was cancelling chemo because he needed more information to be able to decide what the best course of action would be going forward.  I think he is having to justify his actions to the insurance company.

The doctor told me that the mass around my right renal artery is no longer visable, at least on the current CT scan.  That was reason for me to sing praises!  The right kidney is difficult to determine improvement, if any, from the CT.  There was no evidence of any new mass formation.  Much of the news is an answer to prayers.  All of this will be confirmed with a upcoming MRI on Wednesday, 03/16. 

The doctor was frustrated as he normally has a mass (lump) he can measure to determine increase or decrease in size.  However, mine is different.  Of course, I don't do anything simple!  The cancer within my right kidney is cloudy/mushy, filtered in the empty area and tissue of the kidney.  This makes it difficult to measure.  So, the doctor has ordered an MRI, which is where the diseased kidney was located during the diagnosis process.  I was told CLL is systemic, therefore removing the right kidney would not cure the lymphoma/leukemia. 

My right kidney still works good enough to help the left kidney.  We don't want to remove it and put more stress, as well as my diabetes issues, on the healthy kidney.  On Monday, 03/21, I go into the doctor to review the MRI results, and current Creatine and GFA results. 

The doctor, along with my insurance, will decide how to proceed with treatment.  Of course the insurance company is going to try for the least expensive method, as well as consider whether or not the amount of money is going to a worthy cause.  Since January 1, I have found that my doctor is having to discuss everything, routine or not, with the insurance company.

Either you control your attitude,or it controls you. 
Author unknown

1 comment:

  1. Marie, I'm praying along with you for the people of Japan. My heart goes out to them. I am also praying for continued safety from radiation and other complications that come with such a tragedy...and of course that the grace of God be known to them.
    Oh, I hope you will get some resolution to all of these new challenges and I pray that you receive the exact medical care and treatments that you need. Another hurdle! You remain in my thoughts and prayers, sweet Marie!

    p.s...loved "the waterford wife"! :)

    ReplyDelete