Please...

I continue to think about this subject. Unforgiveness is one of the major hindrances that can hinder your healing. Listen to what Jesus says in Mark 11:25-26. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and [let it drop](leave it, let it go), in order that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings." Happy New Year 2011, I still think this an important message! A quote by Author: Tami Hoag 2007... What purpose does it serve to hold that anger? What good does it do? Hatred is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die of it."

An Opinion... Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the bible (as well as other subjects), and yet so few have studied it (or the subject)? R. C. Sproul, skywriting.net If only one would read before speaking, they would not look so foolish. Yet, I don't want to get in anyone's face... so I keep dropping hints. Does it help? I hope so...)

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Doctor visit, Thurs 05/05/11

















The drive to Tri Cities (Kennewick) was nice!  Except for the blossoms of fruit trees, floral, etc.  Allergies don't just stay allergies with me, rather they prompt my asthma to kick in.  The sunny day is worth it, as well as the beauty of new growth and colors to view. 

During my Oncologist visit it was decided to do another MRI contrast scan two weeks after this coming chemo, May 23/24.  If this new Treanda cocktail has not helped the kidney, as the last (Fludarabine cocktail) did not, then the chemo treatment will be stopped.  Both the doctor and I discussed that the side effects have been burdensome so a break is in order, but Medicare/Insurance will not pay for non-progress either.  He has to justify every three months to be able to continue the chemo therapy, and what it has and has not accomplished.  So... the doctor and my decision will be moote, if the remaining chemo is denied due to lack of improvement.  Some good news... the kidney function numbers are up this month.  Not normal, but up!

Remember the Chia seed?  It is working to keep my blood sugar down.  I have still not begun the extra three shots of insulin a day.  My numbers show I don't need it, but I do have to advise the doctor.  My 14 day glucose average is 132 now.  And... that was while I was learning to use the Chia.  (One teaspoon dry down before each meal or snack, with a cup of water.) The next 14 day average should be less. I am kind of afraid of the doctor reaction.  Anyway, I am going to print off educational information on Chia for the doctor.  Also, I am still not taking Prevacid!  Less money out during the month... with not taking three shots of insulin, using needles, and Prevacid.  What a better time to save than when in the pharmacy donut hole.  Another help for my glucose will be not taking the steroids during chemo. 

Okay, my hair is still thinning.  I am so glad that I inherited very thick hair.  It still looks like I have a full head of hair, just limp and thinner.  That is okay... not going to have it cut at a shop for a while.  The last lady was really uncomfortable with her hands full of hair she had not cut.  So, I will have Gloria trim me... not using the Flowbee.  I am afraid the vacuum device will suck the rest out at this time.  Ha ha.  Also, not coloring it and letting it grow out because of the chemicals.  The color is not that much difference, except for the gray hair.  There is a lot more gray hair since chemo started.  Oh well, rather gray than none. 

When she saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she'd "dye".

No comments:

Post a Comment